Ambassadors & Marshals
Volunteers at Commencement take part in something special! The ceremony brings together students, family, faculty, staff, alumni, administrators, and more to celebrate the honor of hard work and dedication of our graduates. Faculty members also have the option of participating in the Commencement Procession.
Alumni, students, staff, faculty, and other members of the Rutgers community are invited to volunteer as Ambassadors!
Ambassadors are the volunteer force that helps to make Commencement a reality. As an Ambassador, you are able to choose from a variety of positions that are vital to ensuring that Commencement goes smoothly and effectively.
To thank our Ambassadors, each will receive:
- An official Commencement t-shirt
- A thank you gift
- Entry into a volunteer raffle
- Convenient parking for the day of Commencement
- Continental breakfast
- Recognition on the video screen in the stadium and on our website.
Marshals assist with guiding the academic procession in an orderly, dignified line to designate seating on the field. Marshals are required to wear academic regalia, which is provided unless the Marshal has their own. Marshals must be at least 21 years old.
- A thank-you gift
- Training in advance
- Parking near to the stadium for the day of Commencement
- Breakfast at SHI Stadium
- Recognition on the video screen in the stadium, in the printed program, and on our website
- Academic regalia rental
Marshal Registration Closed
All faculty who participate in the Commencement procession are required to wear academic regalia. Details on obtaining regalia will come from your school's dean's office.
If you are driving to campus to attend Commencement, or to work on Sunday, May 15, you will need a special parking hangtag for your vehicle. Your parking permit issued by the Department of Transportation Services will not be valid on this day. Parking is available on Busch, Livingston, and College Avenue campuses. Complimentary shuttles between Busch and the other campuses will run continuously from 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Shuttle service will NOT be available from the Cook or Douglass campuses on May 15.
- Register for your parking hangtag no later than May 1 at 10 a.m.
- Hangtags will be delivered by early May to the requested address.