All Parking Registration is Closed
Gates will open at 8 a.m. and shuttle buses will start running at 7 a.m. With more than 40,000 people expected on our New Brunswick-area campuses on Sunday, May 15, 2016, parking will be challenging.
- Maps and directions for the campus and Blue, Orange, and White parking zones are available on the Maps and Directions page. View the stadium map (PDF).
- You must display a Commencement parking hangtag to gain access to New Brunswick-area lots on May 15.
- Those who registered for Commencement parking will receive one hangtag. Please look for your hangtag, instructions, and maps to arrive by mail.
- A Commencement parking hangtag does not guarantee access to the event.
- Parking permits issued by Rutgers University for use during the year will not be valid for parking on campuses in Piscataway and New Brunswick on Sunday, May 15.
- If you are attending events on days other than May 15, 2016, you do not need a Commencement parking hangtag.
- Please consider our Indoor and Off-Site Viewing Options.
- If you or your guests require accommodations due to a disability, health issues, or mobility challenges, and find it difficult to walk long distances, please see our Accessibility Information page.
- Guests who are coming to Commencement and do not have a parking hangtag may park in downtown New Brunswick and take the shuttle bus from the Albany Street train station.
To help make this a great day for everyone, please follow these plans.
- You are encouraged to arrive early. Allow extra time for the possibility of road closures and changes to stadium access. Please visit the Latest Updates page for road closures and traffic pattern changes. Expect significant traffic delays and allow additional travel time. We recommend that you carpool or consider taking public transportation to campus.
- A security check, a barcoded ticket, and valid photo ID is required for entry. No bags are allowed in the stadium. See the full list of prohibited and permitted items on the Stadium Policies page.
- Please consider our Indoor and Off-Site Viewing Options to enjoy Commencement.
- Wear sunscreen, a hat, and comfortable shoes.
- For questions related to special needs, contact 848-932-2469.
- Complimentary shuttle bus service will be provided on Sunday, May 15, every 3–5 minutes from 7 a.m. until the evening. Shuttle buses are ADA compliant. See the parking overview map (PDF).
- Drop-Off Locations:
- Taking a taxi or car service? The College Avenue Student Center, located at 126 College Avenue in New Brunswick, is the designated drop-off location for those taking a taxi or car service, such as Uber.
- Special-needs guests may be dropped off at the Special-Needs Drop-Off Zone near the Louis Brown Athletic Center (RAC). From there, the special-needs guest and one companion may take the shuttle to the stadium. For more information, please visit our Accessibility Information page.