Faculty, Staff & Volunteers
Take part in something special. Gather with other members of the Rutgers community to celebrate our newest graduates at the 251st Anniversary Commencement in High Point Solutions Stadium on Sunday, May 14, 2017, at 10 a.m. Gates open at 8 a.m. and tickets are not required to attend the ceremony at the stadium.
The Office of the Secretary is looking for Stadium Volunteer Ambassadors to help show graduates and guests what makes Rutgers so special, and how we go the extra mile to celebrate our students.
Visit our Instructions for Volunteers page for more information and to sign up.
Faculty and Staff
All faculty are required to wear appropriate academic regalia at University Commencement and school convocations.
- Rutgers University–New Brunswick faculty members: Watch for regalia ordering details from your dean's office. Remember to order no later than April 14. Rentals must be returned by May 26.
- Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences faculty members: Please contact your school dean's office for information on obtaining your regalia for Commencement.
Rutgers University Commencement begins with faculty leading the academic procession of graduating students onto the field to their seats.
- Before Commencement begins, faculty, who are Commencement marshals, will assemble with their academic units in the marshaling area.
- You should plan to arrive at the stadium no later than 9 a.m. to begin marshaling for the procession onto the field. The stadium gates open at 8 a.m. and Commencement begins at 10 a.m. When you arrive at the stadium, you can enter through any gate and proceed to the south side (toward the large video screen), along River Road, to the ground level of the stadium and into the marshaling area.
Required Parking Hangtag Registration
|Register for faculty and staff parking for May 14|
If you are driving to campus to attend University Commencement, or a convocation or reception event on Sunday, May 14, you will need a special Commencement parking hangtag for your vehicle. Your parking permit issued by the Department of Transportation Services will not be valid on this day. Additional parking is available on the Busch, Livingston, and College Avenue campuses. Complimentary shuttles between Busch and the other campuses will be run continuously from 7 a.m. into the afternoon. Important: Shuttle service will not be available from the Cook/Douglass Campus on May 14.
To obtain a parking hangtag, complete the Commencement faculty parking online registration form.
- We will distribute hangtags beginning in late April to the requested address.
- Faculty and staff parking registration ends May 1 at 10 a.m.
Indoor and off-site viewing options
There are many ways to enjoy the ceremony outside of the stadium, such as at the College Avenue, Busch, and Livingston student centers. You can also watch Commencement and the School of Arts and Sciences Convocation through online streaming.
Keep Checking In
Continue to visit this page throughout the spring. We’ll be adding more information as the big day approaches.